Ensuring a Positive Edible Experience: Essential Dos and Dont’s. 6 Quick Tips.
Edibles are a popular and discreet way to consume cannabis, but they can also be unpredictable and overwhelming for some people. If you’re new to edibles or are using them for medical purposes, it’s important to be mindful of the potential risks and take steps to ensure a positive experience.
Here are six tips for having a successful medical edible experience:
- Start low and go slow. Edibles can take longer to take effect and can have a stronger, longer-lasting effect than other methods of consumption. It’s important to start with a low dose and wait at least 2 hours before taking more, to give the effects time to fully kick in.
- Choose a trusted source. Quality and potency can vary greatly with edibles, so it’s important to purchase from a reputable source. Look for products that have been lab-tested and have clear, accurate labeling.
- Know your tolerance. If you’re new to edibles or have a low tolerance for THC, it’s especially important to start with a low dose and gradually increase as needed. On the other hand, if you’re a more experienced user with a higher tolerance, you may need a higher dose to achieve the desired effects.
- Read labels carefully. Make sure to read and follow the instructions on the label of your edible product. Pay attention to the recommended serving size and the amount of THC per serving.
- Have a plan. If you’re using edibles for medical purposes, it’s a good idea to have a plan in place in case of any unexpected side effects. Make sure you have a trusted friend or family member nearby who can help if needed and have a list of emergency contacts handy.
- Set the vibe. Get your snacks ready, a water bottle, a fun movie, or a good playlist rocking. It’s important to set the tone for your experience, to ensure you feel safe and have an enjoyable time. I personally, like to do edibles and watch dumb movies or clean the house. LOL ( and I like to stay clear of things or people that would make me feel uncomfortable.)
Edibles can be a convenient and effective way to consume cannabis for medical purposes, but it’s important to be mindful of the potential risks and take steps to ensure a positive experience. By starting low and going slow, choosing a trusted source, knowing your tolerance, reading labels carefully, and having a plan in place, you can help ensure a successful medical edible experience!
Let’s sesh! Click here to learn about the 5 challenges the cannabis industry may face in 2023.